Monday, April 2, 2007

the world is smaller than we think....


On March 29, 2007, the Shiveluch Volcano on the Russian Federation's Kamchatka Peninsula erupted, sending an ash cloud skyward roughly 9,750 meters (32,000 feet).
it is a small world....sometimes it is so hard for me to believe that the wood that i use to make each game board is from far away russia....the thought of all the people who may have touched or had some small part in this before it landed in my hands leaves me awestruck....what a journey it took to reach my studio....this is why i leave my own handprint as my signature on the back of each board....to remind me that i am just a small part of the final piece....and it is completed when you receive the piece and place your hand upon mine.....

1 comment:

Jen - Earth Angels said...

I love your signature handprint
so wonderful
and so dainty - I lvoe knwoing that your hands made these wonderful boards I love
xxoo JEn