Tuesday, March 20, 2007

what fun meeting new people...




as you can see by now, this blog is about all of us! how dull it would be for me to constantly be talking about me....so i feel the more 'characters' that are interwoven into my blog, the closer we will all be....it's like everyone having new faraway friends!




i was at the grocery store the other day and as i was loading the back of my car this 'older' woman pulled in beside me and got out and said, 'i'll take that in for you', (because thats just the way we are in this small town)....and i said, 'well thanks so much'....'it makes it easier for me to walk', she said...then she went on....but first i must describe her...she was dressed nicely, naturally pretty, but did have on some light makeup...and i would guess to be around 70....



she said, 'you know i'm 92...and i've had the most blessed life...i thank God everyday for giving me one more day...i have had the most blessed life....you have a great life...and then she went on...



well my mouth had about dropped....how did she do it i wondered.....and then as i was driving home, i thought....oh no, i didn't ask her what her secret was....thinking it must be a shot of whiskey, a cigar or something else that i'm not doing, and should start right away!....and as i drove i thought, she did tell me...it was her attitude, her being thankful for everything, and showing her thanks everyday....



i probably won't see her again....even in this small town....i wish i would've gotten her name so that i could've called her and asked her all about her life....and maybe some of her glow would rub off on me.



well i better get to work, lots of shipping to do, but first i'm going to put on a little make-up just in case....




count your blessings....diane




1 comment:

Jen - Earth Angels said...

wow - we should all want to be like her when we grow up -- and I am thankful for you Diane -- especially for the recent intro to Jennifer Lanne!!
xxoo have a super day
Jen