Thursday, October 4, 2007

it always amazes me...




year after year, it happens... and i'm always amazed that yet again it's happening... i look at this time like a little kid, it makes me wonder about the process of nature, i slow down and ponder the different shades of yellow, orange and reds. the rustle of the drying leaves blowing down the hill and the sound of them crunching under my feet during my morning trump with my beagle, belle.

it has been a little unusual this year, however. i have been repeatedly attacked by falling acorns... where one would feel like sitting outside and enjoying the crisp weather and the every changing leaves...it isn't a peaceful or romantic thought at all right now... the fact is that on my deck i fill like a target waiting to be banged on by acorns that i'm sure are aiming for me..

my friends cringe and watch them plunging at us at rocket speed, banging on the roof, deck or pinging on the roof of my car... i have never seen an acorn act like this, for it must surely mean a bad winter is coming...

but for now, i will put that in the back of my head and try to enjoy this most nervous fall weather....

No comments: