Saturday, February 16, 2008

it's here!



my interpretation of gee's bend quilts...

the introduction of game board designs based on "gee bend" quilts.... "The Quilts of Gee's Bend ", tinwood books, atlanta

I’ve received so many emails about creating these game boards … so many of you are familiar with gee’s bend quilts and the quilters from Alabama …
But for those of you who are not….it is fascinating and I encourage everyone to read about the history and people of gee’s bend…their quilts are highly collectible and have been exhibited around the country.

The women of gee’s bend – a small, remote, black community in Alabama – have created hundreds of quilt masterpieces dating from the early twentieth century to the present. The book – “Quilts of Gee’s Bend ” tells the story of this town and its art.

As we know when we quilt we are stitching pieces of ourselves into each quilt…it reminds us of what we were doing at that time, perhaps how old our children were, were we stitching with our friends… the same is when I create a new game board, it contains not only my artistry but my future memories as well…

I’ve created 2 new pieces in my limited edition series … gee’s bend quilts are full of color and history… I’ve combined the color with the history of the game board design…

I hope you love them…. I truly feel they are so special…
If you would like to order…. Please do so right away…. They won’t last very long … this is truly a collectible, a combination of so many artists, their lives and their work made into one…


No comments: