Saturday, May 10, 2008

this is for you mom...




hmmm.... well it was just late last week when i got an email from mom.... it went something like this --- "you keep me off your blog (you might want to read past posts regarding diane sawyer), i mean it! you are starting to make me look like a stalker". later last week.... the same, but by phone...

i defended myself (slightly, it is mom), and said, hey, david lettermen, ellen, they always have their moms there. she wouldn't go for it... she said, "well, just quit writing about me". of course, i do not put myself within a million miles of their league, but i was trying anything to win this cause, after all, it is so fun to talk about her...

well, i was torn. (fun or not to blog my mom) it is my mom, disciplining me.... and i hate to get 'that look' that she does so well... you know, the look that could probably mean in just a moment you will be killed? sometimes i am grateful to be a thousand miles away....

yesterday, she called me.... "you have to tell everyone to vote for Syesha. Now if you don't know... american idol is down to 3. one more will go home this week and then it will be left between the 2 remaining.

she continued.... "today is Syesha Day...", I'm like, "what, you have to be kidding", (i am so not a supporter of syesha, i like david cook... "oh yes," she continued, "she will be going back to her hometown school and doing a mini concert, appearing at another place, she's on the front page of the newspaper and they are even having a parade!". well honestly, i was rolling my eyes...., you know, being a fan of DAVID COOK, and reminding her again of that!....

i asked mom - wasn't it just the other day when you ORDERED me to stop talking about you?, and on and on i went (so rarely get to do that with her). i told her to send me a picture of the newspaper, better yet, a picture of her holding the newspaper so that all can see my mom! and then, me being me, ran off to work and i totally forgot that i should've been blogging about this Syesha.

this morning there it was in my email.... a picture of the newspaper.... (thank goodness i was reminded, she would've killed me with that look she has)....and what can i say, thanks dad?, i bet she roped you into that one!

so for all of you out there reading, please do vote for her tuesday night for my mother and for the town! here is a video of her last performance, which i thought was pretty darn good....it gave me chills, and even simon loved it....i will be voting for syesha tuesday night, even if i don't want to, and i would advise all of you to do the same unless you want to get that "look" from her...

but the good thing is i guess this means that i still get to chat about my mom, my VBFF.....



2 comments:

Lana Manis said...

LOL! Too funny Diane! But you're Mom is a sweetheart ~ I know that for a fact! Please tell her hello for me.

Anonymous said...

No more Mom talk.