Saturday, September 27, 2008

it's the little things...


last year around the holiday season i was yet again, disappointed... as i walk through the fruit section at the grocery i'm trying to find those wonderful little berries...you know the ones that generally are stacked up so high to get your attention? hmmmm, there were only a few bags of cranberries...it was a sad day... every time i would need to run to the store (which is daily pretty much, since i am unorganized), i would search another store for my little berries.... another bag or two...but that was all...now me being me, can never take the last of anything, the last of a spice, the last ball of twine, not even the last bag of berries...for one never really knows if somebody may be coming in later that really NEEDS it...so my search would continue... before the holidays even arrived - they were gone...all gone...nowhere to be found...

i was just reading...and about to bounce off my chair...that the cranberry season will be off to a better than ever season...maine and mass., our berry bog states said there will be barrels and barrels of my little berries, plump and juicy....
there will be more than i can possibly cook up...cranberry sauce for the turkey, cranberry on my sandwiches, cranberry cheesecake, cranberry oatmeal cookies, just spoonfuls of cooked cranberries is wonderful to me....i will have cranberries any way that i possibly can come up with...(and lets not forget, they are stuffed full of really good stuff for your body....) i feel that after the last 2 years - and the shortage, we should honor this happy little tasty tart berry...


one day...perhaps next year i will make it up and over to the bogs... i cannot imagine how beautiful my berries would look on the waters top...i may bring more info. on cranberries to you....because i am obsessed about this little red berry...

1 comment:

Lana Manis said...

I see a cranberry board of some sort in your future... I know, you are slowing down, but maybe one for your very own?
Diane, I have two emails to answer from you and have not forgotten you. Things have been hectic here and I want to take time to answer you ~ not just dash off a quickie message to a friend. Tis afternoon after church I will make the time. Take Care & God Bless!