Monday, September 22, 2008

wow...check this artist out...

jenny lou sherburne







i wanted to share jenny's pots with you... they are amazing...i found jenny and her work in the next town over...blowing rock, nc. during the summer and early fall blowing rock accepts the creme de la creme of artists in about a 3 state radius, to celebrate summer with us in the much anticipated event 'art in the park'... let me give you the setting here...


nearly 100 artists and their wares, a beautiful small town mountain setting - (after all, this is where the stories of 'mitford days' were taken and written from...), are you in heaven?



and as you meet the artists, ooh and awe over their work you are reminded of the talent in the universe that you have yet to meet...and you waddle to your car, pieces under your arms, in your purse and as many bags full that you can afford...




jenny's pots grabbed me from the get-go....i'm a real teapot and pitcher fan and what fun her pieces are, they make everyone gathering in her tent smile...i knew i just had to share these with you... and when you visit her website - you will see that her pieces have been shown in galleries, museums and magazines - she has won countless awards, taught at really high end craft schools...and on and on and on....i was really impressed with what she has achieved...



here is what jenny has to say...

"I believe that life is a gift. Making pots is my way of celebrating and maintaining this belief. The creative process compels me to listen to an inner voice, my intuition which, in turn, provides me clues about how to live my life.My inspirations range from garlic cloves to onion domes, from the Isle of Crete to the Land of Oz, and from Antonio Gaudi to Dr. Seuss. I see beauty, humor and vigor everywhere and I try to create pots that embody these values.The cross-pollination between my life and work nourishes both as I strive to communicate a world view of wonder, curiosity and joy."



and she has done just that...





i just love these parfait cups - wouldn't they be fun to serve in...check out her site to view more pieces, to order, for her show schedule...or for any questions that you might have... here is her link -



No comments: