Monday, December 29, 2008

here it comes...





i'm not one for making new year's resolutions....i think of that as just setting myself up for a beating...and who wants that...for i know in my heart given just 24 hours i will have fallen from grace.


this year however, instead of resolutions i'm going to try to make some changes...(this may allow me the opportunity to trick myself)


fit in my 50's...

no, i will not chant oprah's - 'i will not be fat at 50', (oh dear, far to stressful and sounds mean too), nor will i only give myself a certain amount of time...i thought it would be better for me to give myself a decade to achieve this...i'm a slow starter...for the fit at 50 involves so many changes, small and just overwhelming...it will take me at least 10 years to make these changes...
change out of my pajamas long before carpool at 2:00...
now this may sound easy for all of you....but it is a comfortable way to paint game boards...i will have to trick myself by saying...diane sawyer may just drop in for a surprise visit any moment and i want to look my best!

cook...

i'm already on my way with buying new cookie sheets and baking dishes... now i know my family won't jump on this boat to quickly, but i have recently been given a 'timer' from my sister...this should help with my cooking traumas....


join a hiking club of hikers that don't really want to hike too far...

i guess that could fall into the first category of getting fit during my 50's...but it will be difficult to actually find a group of people that don't really want to exercise...but would rather sit and chat, take a nature walk, look for birds....chat and cross-stitch?

clean my house...

an actual schedule would be good....maybe something every day instead of all at once or at least more than just before my mom and dad come to visit...which is only once a year anyway, i think i can do that and i could also throw the diane sawyer trick in there too...



and i think that's as far as i should go...for i'm starting to feel the stress build up in my shoulders just thinking about all the other things that i could/should change that would be beneficial...and i wouldn't want to treat myself poorly or be mean to myself...




happy 2009 to all of you

may you all shine brightly...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Diane,

I love your blogs as they give me a chance to laugh out loud. And also make me think as well. Now, come on, your cooking can't be THAT bad?!? Just remember, even if you are in your pajamas most of the day, you are following your bliss, as Joseph Campbell would say. So many other folks never get "there"... You are lucky to have found yours!!! As far as the fitness thing goes, I figure I can only eat so much shredded wheat before I have to balance it out with some chocolate ice cream!

:o)

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Each and every week you make me laugh, and remind me to just lighten up on the small stuff. One of these days you will get your own column, I'm sure of it!

M. D.