Tuesday, February 3, 2009

it must be cabin fever...



i don't know what has happened to me for i am a true believer in no 'reality tv'.... for years and years my friends have talked about the shows that they watch as i roll my eyes... the last thing i need to do is see somebody fall to 'bad manners' right before my eyes in my free time...





now i will admit that i do watch american idol faithfully...well pretty faithful anyway, but i don't start watching until the 'talented' singers are actually chosen and on there way to the big hollywood...and i don't really consider it to fall into the 'reality tv' frame, for it is a talent contest...and i love music...




but i will admit a good part of my watching is because i have such a crush on simon....for i liked him from the get go....a "say it as it is" kind of guy...ok, in my defense, we can't help who we like...




anyway....so my sister and niece are #1 fans of the silly show the bachelor....hmmmm...i think...how can somebody actually watch something like that...and that rose ceremony, how ridiculous is that? you could better use your time by reading, knitting, quilting or getting your law degree...how can you waste so much time?



i've fallen...fallen hard...last night during the rose ceremony i find myself starting to sniff just a bit until i'd fallen into a full blown cry fest....how embarrassing is that?, hoping that my hubby just doesn't pop in the room to see what i'm doing...would he not have loved to see that and tell all his buddies his wife was having a breakdown during the bachelor...he lives for moments like that...



well i'm hooked...embarrassed to say...but in my defense the ONLY reason that i even began watching it this year is because the bachelor is a single dad...that is more up my alley....some human interest maybe?, wanting to see how a single dad pulls off raising a child?....something on a deeper level?
over the past weeks hubby has popped into look to see what i'm watching...he smirks, and says that he just can't believe i'm watching this...i assure him of all of my reasons...human interest story happening before my eyes...he's a single dad, and what a great dad he seems to be....during these times, as the words are actually leaving my mouth, i myself cannot believe what i am saying for i am actually sticking up for this 12" man on my screen...



for all of you who are true fans of the show...i know you are cheering that i have come to join you...as for the rest of you, i know you are rolling your eyes, and be careful, they may get stuck that way....





No comments: