Thursday, May 28, 2009

just when you think...





just when i think i have it going on, in other words, things in order....everything ends up flying in different directions...





do you remember last year when i said i was cutting back on work, taking time to smell the roses so to speak...dig in my garden and travel to florida to put my toes in the sand? work on less game board pieces a year so that i could create more new designs?





hmmmm....maybe what i was really doing was clearing part of my schedule to set foot out in new directions...maybe i was opening a window (or big old doors), to let new opportunities approach me instead? was i tricking myself?




since i have opened up my schedule (haha)...deciding to sit back a bit in my upcoming old age i was asked to write a series of children's books based on chetola resort in blowing rock, swimming swans...i have completed the first book - still in the works of illustration...





i was asked to create a gallery in the same resort....a gift shop transition that will by years end feature wonderfully hand made crafts and art from our local talent and many more wonderful artist friends have jumped in to be part of this new gallery...and being that i have never 'owned' or even worked at a shop - well you know me - sure i can do it - not a problem....ahhhhh so naive! but it is up and running, 3 legged so to speak with much more to do...





i put aside some time to work on the feature for romantic homes magazine that will hit the stands in july, and am being interviewed by an upcoming book featuring entrepreneurs that are raising kids at the same time, this is a book backed by my wonderful country living magazine...



so as i stumble down my steps in heels (this hair and make-up is not easy at all!), to jump in my car to head off to the 'shop', or drop it all to run to do carpool, or spend as much time as i can in my studio...i wonder to myself was the loudly announced "i'm going to slow things down a bit", just a way to tempt fate?

boy, next thing you know oprah's peeps will call!






ahh.............i wish!!!!





No comments: