Sunday, June 28, 2009

my love of music...

music is a time defining moment in my head...i'm reminds me of my youth, my many moves across the country, the births of my children...for my mind seems to categorize music like this...

michael jackson's thriller album = my move to houston and my working in the middle of the night at KKBQ radio station...it was a top 40 station and song's from the thriller album were always heard....my long haul to the city at 12:00 a.m. for my 2 hour shift, taping music for the upcoming day for the d.j.'s. my baby slept peacefully in his carry bed on the floor beside me maybe listening to what the newest hits would be...maybe this is why when grown he became a musician himself...

i loved that time in my life...i loved the album thriller....and on occasion i will still pop it in my c.d. player in my studio (long gone the album and player), for there wasn't anything like it...the energy the talent the dance...i will miss the dance...

i was looking on youtube so that i could play 'thriller' for you but i stumbled upon these 'thriller' videos and thought i'd rather share the influence he had on generation after generation...

so whether it's prisoners, the groomsmen at a wedding or a way to keep college kids out of trouble....he added dance and joy to many through his music...










it was 25 years ago that we were shown the 'moonwalk'...i will miss his dance....


No comments: