Tuesday, September 29, 2009

what a morning...

you know i'm struggling with the change of seasons right now...but i had forgotten just how bad october is...yes, we have the beautiful leaves to awe us, but come on the winds are going to blow my house down... the one good thing about being me, is i tend to wipe away all the little things that annoy me, in a way this is good for it's always new when it arrives again, but in a way it's not so good for i never really learn to accept things, really....






today as the alarm chirped me from my dreams, which were not great to begin with, i awoke to no power, and it was freezing....then the search is on for the flashlight, which i'm organized in my terror of the dark, so it's kept right beside me in the dresser...no batteries...year after year after year, my batteries are dead....i'm going to go buy 50 flashlights this week and hide them all over the house, for they seem to disappear, ala clarence and eli i'm sure....but they won't admit it...




so candles it was as i stumbled through the house around the animals on the floor....hollering in my head i sure wish the time would FALL BACK!!! phones are out, pitch black and the winds are howling....i hear a racket out front and peer out the window to see the city guys up on the poles trying in this weather to get those lights back on so we can all start our day....seeing how cold they must be with the wind blowing them all around, i was honestly counting my own blessings that i wasn't on the high wire....and as magic would have it, on came the lights...the pleasant hum of the heater kicking on, the day seemed hopeful for a moment...until i considered the wind again - my true enemy, i thought it was the dark, but no, today i'm sure it is the wind...




but i'm going to get out of this funk, one way or another....i think i'll make some more coffee, turn on the stereo to drown out the sound of the killer wind and have a piece of boston creme pie....then, paint a bit....the day might just get a bit better...
new boards are coming very very soon, but in the meantime here is my link for you to browse to see what is available now: www.dallisongameboards.com





1 comment:

Zoe Nelson said...

I know. I hate the wind, too. Where I live it just roars through this little valley. The worst thing is that it makes it feel so much colder than it really is. Do you think that we got too cold, too soon? Wonder what that bodes for this winter?