Wednesday, May 19, 2010

creating is a messy business...



as you know - sometimes you have to make a really big mess to get to where you want to go... and that is what happened in the studio yesterday - the storm before the calm, so to speak...




here is a sneak peek at the new 'baseball' dart board, titled "the game"....


after drawing, erasing and drawing again - experimenting to find the perfect mix of color, not to dark or to light - i was happy with the way this piece turned out...


some of my work screams drama, for i tend to be pulled in by the deeper shades....this piece is a good mix of deep colors, as well as fun colors to make it just pop enough - and after i add the stains and waxes it will be toned down to a warm piece.
i think a good mix of summer days and nights...


it will be about a week or more before the woodwork is completed and i can show the final piece to you....but i will add a photo of the piece when i'm done - and if you would like a piece for your own collection, to commemorate the american past time, or to honor your children in their own times of playing ball - just let me know...this too will be a limited piece, as sadly this time in their lives is limited...
enjoy this most wonderful time of year...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Diane- "Ruth" arrived and I love "her"!!! Thank you so much! Will think about the baseball board- Sallie

Anonymous said...

I love this Diane - You know I will need one for the boys game room! Please save one for me!

Misty

Anonymous said...

Good morning Diane,

The game board arrived yesterday afteroon. It is absolutely gorgeous and I love the design and the colors you used. Thank you again for all your ' heart' work you put into making it for me. Our family will treasure it for a long time to come. The checkers are perfect . I can't wait to teach my grandchildren how to play the game this summer. We will proudly display the gameboard at the lake house for all our family and friends to enjoy !!! It is a true treasure....

Thank you again, Betty

Anonymous said...

I am interested in your new baseball gameboard. Let me know when it is finished and the price. We have all these ball players. I wish you had one for softball----everyone always forgets the girls!!

Have a great May!
Dorothy D.

Anonymous said...

Hi Diane: I would like to be put on the list for this one. My husband and my son both are baseball players. Would love to see the finished product with final colors etc... Hope you are doing well. School is almost out here in Tulsa. If we could just get all these storms and tornados out of the air! Please let me know about the piece. As always can't wait to see it! Jamie McCullough

Anonymous said...

Hi Diane!

I love the idea of the game board honoring baseball. My husband, David, would rather watch baseball than eat so I must order one of these limited edition boards for him.

Please let me know total price including shipping and I will mail you a check.
Linda

Anonymous said...

Oh Diane,
you've got me! Love the new board put me down for one.
Thank you,
Maureen

Anonymous said...

Diane-
Love the new baseball dart board! Add me to the list for The Game - I definitely want one!
Thanks, Barbara

Anonymous said...

Wow, Diane, you have hit a home run!
I really like this one - my guys will love it!

If there are any left, please save one for me!

Thanks,

Marsha