Wednesday, October 20, 2010

two new pieces to introduce...



i have two newly completed pieces to share with you - the first one is 'happy birthday' - as you know i gave a small preview in september to show you what i was working on for eli's upcoming november birthday....here is the final finished piece....


the original game board that i based this on is from the midwest circa 1920's....the original piece held a tin drawer and was decorated with not only paint but with paper...


my version below i plan to change up just a small bit - i will make the dabs of paint in the inner square and outer circle to be a bit larger to seem more like confetti - for this was the feeling that i had when i painted it - a confetti party on a board....




this will be a limited edition of 25 only - $210.00 + shipping and is 19" x 19"
the colors are a nice blue, my traditional barn red, off white with a touch of a warm tan.


if you feel that you would like one - let me know, for i think they will go fast with being a 'birthday' board.






the 2nd piece to introduce is a checker board - it too is 19" x 19"
my original design
and titled "grace"
$190.00



using my traditional barn red, tan, gold and a nice green which i call wedgwood green....it really is a pretty piece....


this will be an open edition - for i think adding a checker to collections give such a nice graphic look in a grouping or it can hold it's own displayed all on it's own...
if you would like to place an order - just email me or give me a call - 828-265-0977....thanks again for all of your support!
I will be showing you a recently published article from the "early american life" magazine that will be coming out very soon....they had some great photos of my work and a nice interview too! so a big THANKS to early american life....more on that next week though...
here's my link to my site if you would like to browse:













No comments: