Tuesday, May 22, 2007

my sam has arrived...



one of the things i love MOST about being an artist is all the other artists that you meet... as you have seen i list my friends sites (to the left) so you can see their different crafts. you meet wonderful people in so many ways; shows, online, articles, other artists pass on your name....and it is so much fun to meet the other artists.


since much of our time is in the studio or for many traveling, email is a godsend. i love to hear what everyone is making, but also what's going on with their 'life'. and each and everyone of them has their special voices and touches me in different ways...


mary myers, for example, talks about her family and what we can do next as far as work goes and we struggle through the computer stuff together, she's my wise friend and always makes me laugh...


and i just received my wonderful sam (above) carved nutcracker from her for my studio, but it's looking really good on my table...hmmmm...


sande elkins, cracks me up...she's always got some new funny drama about us getting older...and tells me about her life on the farm, and her carvings show her fun/wow personality...


lana manis, is the sweet one and always leaves with a positive note, and by her work she shows a kindness and love of family....and i've shared her pieces with my mother and they touch her heart...


jennifer lanne - makes me smile when i just see her mail in my box....her paintings are like her, bright and alive.....


jen o'connor, earth angels - well she is one of my bosses (but my friend)....she is pure energy....she makes me remember the days when working 12 hours (or longer), raising kids and taking care of hubby and home would still leave me with plenty of energy to paint a room...(and by the way i just shipped her tons of boards!)


and lets not forget lori corelis, well lori has led me through all the muck of computer, and $, promotions, and all that business stuff. she's the smart one.


and that is a list of my 'regulars', and it makes everyday fun...and there are so many more that i love to chat with too, everytime i pick up the phone i get to smile...you can't beat that!

p.s. be sure to look at all their sites, listed to the left!

No comments: