Friday, July 6, 2007

dog day afternoons....





it always happens.....this time of year i start thinking of snow.....i start thinking of where we could go out to eat....which restaurants have air conditioning...not inclined to cook or eat at home...the heat is unbearable....the humidity is setting in....i've never seen it this bad....


ok, well i admit is is around 72 when i do check.....but it's a very hot 72. i think of the days of half of my childhood being raised in florida....growing up on an island, dirt roads, searching for sharks teeth...the taring of the roads in later days, watching it bubble and poking the bubbles with sticks...feet hardened from walking on the hot roads....and never noticing the heat. i've noticed that with my own children, they don't get hot, you have to make them pause and water them down over and over and off they go....they don't notice the steam coming off the road after a short rain...when did that change happen in me?


i'm still thinking of snow....somehow it makes me cool down....





1 comment:

Lana Manis said...

...dare I say "old age"? At least that's what I think is wrong with me, lol!

Lana