Monday, February 9, 2009

before i could shut my mouth...


have you ever had those moments....you know the moments when you mouth is going on and your brain is saying what are you doing...stop yourself...stop yourself now before it's toooo late? well honestly, i have that all of the time...for instance just this morning when hubby opened the cupboard door - smashing (have to add the drama)...the side of my head... i assured him that he did it on purpose, that he was out to get me this morning...he chuckled, as always...


recently i was talking to my girlfriend, who is having a problem with her schedule for the next semester...well i told her it was no problem at all..., for i am happy to take her 3 boys after school for 5 weeks...gee whiz...it was a no brain er, love her motley crew... i assured her that 5 weeks was nothing! no problem...the more the merrier...




we were in the grocery store at the time and she was herding and re herding her boys, age 5-8, for they were most inspired by the bin of dried butter beans...(actually the entire fresh vegetable section), she assured me that an 'hour' can really seem like a long long time....later in the conversation she told me that the youngest had faked sick that day...so she stayed home and fell asleep for the entire day sitting up in a chair...and that i would probably do the same within 15 minutes of their arrival...



no not me...no sirree - for i have a love of boys...all the boyness, you know? i do find however that i am constantly repeating to myself, boys will be boys, ala the game board that i created...i thought back to when i did create this game board, titled boys will be boys...and as i recall it was when i was at the jumping point...looking for the cliff to jump from...pulling out my hair by the roots...sobbing insanely....and then just plain giving up and telling myself boys will be boys...oh my




No comments: