Monday, February 9, 2009

she's here....minnie

limited edition - minnie

as i promised, the new gee's bend board has been created, painted and finished...it was difficult for me to get a good picture of the piece...my camera just didn't want to focus...could it be that it wanted to just dance, which is how i feel when i see this piece?



this piece is titled "minnie", for the original artist, minnie sue coleman was the creator of the original quilt...it is not a quilt that is featured in the wonderful book, 'quilts of gees bend', but actually was a design that had been turned into a postage stamp and post cards... so sadly, i don't have very much information on the original quilter...





minnie sue coleman, born 1926. design of the quilt was 'pig in a pen' medallion. circa 1970. polyester knit and double knit. 61 x 82".






and the finished piece? well it is a 'mill' game - #5 in the series of gee's bend inspired board games...and the colors?, oh my! eggplant, black cherry, barn red, bright reds, roses, oranges, latte dark green, gold and terracotta to name just a few...this is truly a fun piece and measures 19" x 19" this is a limited edition so only 20 are available, $220.00 each plus shipping...
only 11 are still available...







if you would like to reserve the above piece...just give me a call at 828-265-0977, or send me an email: dianeallison@charter.net... i'm happy to hold your place in my books and will contact you before i begin...payment isn't due until i begin your piece...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Diane -
I just wanted to let you know that I received my game board yesterday, and I absolutely love it! You do beautiful work, and I couldn't be more pleased. Take care, and thank you!