Thursday, February 4, 2010

named...finally



so as it often happens my new parcheesi board named itself...i was thinking sunshine with all the gold...asked my mom what she thought, and she was thinking 'sun' too...

so as i worked on finishing the piece the name dropped in my lap...sundance

appropriate in so many ways...for sun is for an indescribable warmth and dance is what i love to do in the studio to pick up my spirits...(yeah, glad there are not cameras - remember elaine on seinfeld, yeah, that's pretty much me)


as many of you know i once worked for many years for sundance - providing them hundreds of pieces to be sold through their catalog. i love their products and i love them. a company with so many kind and fun people and a company that has their 'company' dog lying on the floor as you walk in... i was recently interviewed for an upcoming article and i had to go way back in time to the starting of my company and the years that have brought me to where i am now. sundance was a vital part of that time for me, as well as country living magazine. between the two companies promotions i could never be where i am today, creating and playing throughout each and every day...

so i welcome sundance to my collection of boards for the name 'sundance' comes pretty close to describing who i really am...this piece looks really old when it is finished, the undercoat shows up through the top colors and ages it...so if you like the 'old' look you will like this piece...




19" x 19" - $220.00.....
colors are gold, barn red, and a bright blue....
this is a small edition of 20 pieces...sadly only 4 are left...so if you would like to order one for your home or browse for another piece, please go to my site and then let me know - here's the link:
i'll be designing a new board next week too - and will be able to share the piece with you in a few weeks after that...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love your new piece! I love the way it looks so old with the gold showing through. It will be perfect with my backgammon board that I bought earlier. Please save one for me!

Pam W.

Lana Manis said...

Sundance is a perfect name Diane! Congratulations on its success! :)
Happy Valentine's Day (a bit early)!

Lana Manis said...

Sundance is a perfect name Diane! Congratulations on its success! :)
Happy Valentine's Day (a bit early)!